These cookies are the best. They stay chewy for days! Tell me about your experience with them!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled until warm
- 1 cup packed brown sugar (light or dark)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Place oven racks in the upper and lower 1/3’s of the oven.
- Preheat oven to 325
- put parchment paper on cookie sheets (this keeps the cookies from sticking)
- Mix butter and sugars with with a mixer until blended and smooth, add egg, yolk & vanilla.
- Mix until incorporated.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Stir in chips and optional nuts.
- Divide into 18 equal balls, a 2’ cookie scoop works just about perfectly, about 60 gms each.
- EVENLY space 9 on each cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12-18 minutes, rotating front to back and top to bottom after 8 minutes. (I typically go for 12 minutes, 8 minutes on the top rack, then rotate and move down to the bottom rack for 4)
- Cool on sheets to maintain chewy texture.